As a public service to the lovestruck counterculture enthusiasts of South Minneapolis, it is a tradition here at S. 12th to post all the missed connections from the May Day Parade the following week. Here’s who we’re on the lookout for this year, street team:
- A man that indiscriminately loves every woman on the southside wearing skirts and boots (seconded).
- A 33-year old woman looking for a bald, bearded, smiling African-American dad.
- A man looking for a curly-haired brunette that was sitting in a chair.
- “N,” crying and hearing his name in the park, frustrated, slanderous and apologetic.
- More about the mystery of “N.” Why the hell did you call out his name? After all this time?
- A redheaded hippie-ish drummer lady in all black, looking for a tall guy in glasses and a yellow shirt that knows your friend Jeff.
Click fast, readers — Craigslist ads are, as you know, only here on earth for a short time before they disappear forever. Do you know a brunette sitting in a chair? Did you call out N’s name, after all this time? Have you talked to Jeff about that hippie girl that was trying not to make eye contact with you in the drum circle? Speak up! Make some southside dreams of love come true!